The Gran Sasso Science Institute (GSSI – http://www.gssi.infn.it/ ), a recently established international PhD school and a Center for advanced studies in L’Aquila (ITALY), offers 10 PhD positions in Computer Science (CS).
The PhD program in CS is mainly concerned with heterogeneous distributed systems and their interactions. Different perspectives are offered to provide students with the necessary tools for the design, the implementation, the management and the use of distributed systems. The main research areas of interest are:
- Efficient algorithms for communication networks and social networks;
- Formal methods for systems correctness and analysis;
- Software engineering for efficient and resilient applications.
Apart from pursuing their own research studies, the successful candidates will have the opportunity to cooperate with members of the research group and of the Scientific Board, as well as with the frequent guests of the Institute. Detailed information about the CS research group and about the activities for the Phd program in CS can be found at http://cs.gssi.infn.it/
The fellowships are awarded for three years and their yearly amount is € 16.159,91 gross. Moreover all PhD students:
- will have free accommodation at the GSSI facilities and use of the canteen;
- will have tuition fees waived;
- will be covered by insurance against accident and/or injury.
The application must be submitted through the online form available at http://www.gssi.it/phd/ and have to be accompanied by the curriculum vitae and by a statement letter describing:
- a brief research project outlining the research challenges to consider for the PhD thesis;
- the reasons for choosing GSSI for the PhD studies.
The deadline for application is: 1st September 2016 at 18.00 (Italian time zone).
For information see http://www.gssi.infn.it/phd/ or write an email to email@example.com or call +39 0862 428026.